What kind of information does Bindu Media collect from me and what does Bindu Media do with it?
- Bindu Media collects information you enter to create an account with us and use the Services, such as a valid mailing address, email address and password (“Registration Data”). We may use Registration Data to identify you as an authorized user, provide and improve the Services, customize your user experience, secure your account and prevent fraud. We also may use your email address to communicate with you about the Services. For example, we may, with your permission, message you to let you know about new releases, patches and other updates to the Services. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another person at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
WE DO NOT SHARE REGISTRATION DATA, WITH ANY THIRD PARTY, except for disclosures to third parties as set forth below (e.g. disclosures to third party services companies who help us host, operate, maintain and develop the Services, to an acquirer of our assets, and if compelled by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if necessary to enforce the Terms). The exceptions are:
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services (e.g. hosting, maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties have limited access to your Personal Information (defined below) and use it only to perform tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use it for other purposes;
Please do not include any medical conditions or sensitive financial information, such as any person’s medical diagnosis, social security number, passport number, bank account or credit card numbers or passwords in your communications using the Services or as part of your Registration Data. We do not require such information and disclaim all liability for the dissemination of such information.
- “Automatically Collected Information” is information about your use of the Services. Similar to other services, we record Automatically Collected Information based on your account activity and use of the Services. For example, when you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the device identifier (or “UDID”). We do this to analyze trends, administer the Services, troubleshoot any user problems, and to enhance and update the S Services. We may use third parties to help us analyze the Automatically Collected Information we obtain from you and to help us serve advertisements through the Services. We may also use the Automatically Collected Information for our business purposes, such as to report aggregate, non-Personal Information about the use of the Services. In addition, the Services may include relevant advertising and related links that may be based on the Content, your subscriptions and your Services activity except where prohibited by law. We may provide third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated non-Personal Information about our registered users, calendar subscribers and viewers of the Services, as part of the process by which we attract advertisers to enable us to deliver relevant advertising to you and as set forth under the exceptions to non-disclosure to third parties above except where prohibited by law.
We may collect the following types of Automatically Collected Information, which we may share with third parties to help us operate the Services, such as advertisers, ad serving vendors, and business partners:
- Aggregated Data. We collect user information and content (including Content) to compile aggregate data as you use the Services to analyze our overall user demographics and usage patterns.
- Server Logs. We collect information from our server logs. These logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser details, the date and time of your request and certain information about your usage of the Services.
- Links. We may track whether links to external websites are followed, and whether advertisements provided to you are clicked.
- Location Tracking. We may collect the physical location of your mobile device and use it to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services or content.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. The Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave the Site.
How does Bindu Media protect children’s information?
Bindu Media will never knowingly contact or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly remove the information. In order to register and create a Bindu Media account you must be 18 years of age or older. You may, at any time, direct us to delete all identifiable information regarding you that you have provided or that has been collected from you, unless you have shared such Content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. To do so, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact information below. However, if you do any of the foregoing, you will not be able to use your Bindu Media account or the Services.
Do you share my information with third parties?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, Bindu Media currently does not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How long does Bindu Media keep my information?
We keep your information for as long as your account is active or as needed for our own obligations under applicable laws. For example, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may keep certain information even after you close your account if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce the Terms.
Will you transfer my information to a third party?
How do I access or correct my information collected by Bindu Media?
As a Bindu Media user, you will have the opportunity to review and modify your Personal Information any time you log onto your account using an email address and password listed on the account.
What if I live outside of the United States?
The Software and Services are hosted within the United States. If you use the Services from outside the United States, you consent to the transfer of your personal data into the United States when you use the Services. Many regions, such as the European Union, have data collection protections that differ from U.S. law.
How does Bindu Media maintain security?
Bindu Media is strongly committed to protecting your information. Bindu Media uses several industry standard methods of securing user information and data. Examples of our security measures include, where appropriate, firewalls and secure socket layers. We also maintain protective limits on whom at Bindu Media and its subcontractors can access the information databases that contain your information. Because there is no such thing as perfect security and because of the data risks inherent with Internet and cellular networks, we cannot guarantee 100% security. However, in the unlikely case of a security breach on our databases, we will take prompt steps to address the problem. Also, please know that the Internet and cellular networks are not secure environments, so be careful and select strong passwords.
How do I contact Bindu Media?
Postal Mail Address:
Bindu Media, Inc.
7 Deer Path Lane
Mansfield, MA 02048
Attention: Privacy Officer