* Prix fixe = fixed price. A limited-choice meal with two or more courses served at a set price.
* Table d’hote = host’s table. It means the same as prix fixe.
* Winstub = typical Alsatian “pub” often with local wine by the carafe.*
* Le menu = the list of fixed-priced meals.
* La formule = same as le menu.
* La carte = the regular menu.
* A la carte = meal ordered dish by dish from the regular menu.
* La carte des vins = wine list.
* Ardoise = blackboard specials.
* Plat du jour = daily special.
* Une degustation = tasting menu of small dishes.
* Un aperitif = drink before a meal.
* Un digestif = drink after a meal.
* Un amuse-bouche = pre-appetizer or a small bite.
* Une entree = an appetizer — not a main course.
* Gratuit = free.
* Offert = free.
* L’addition = the check or bill.
You need to login to favorite a post.
Need to sign up? Create an account here.
Forgot your password? Reset your password here.