Ready to explore more of Colorado from your base in Denver with some great getaways? These top places to visit and things to do are easily reachable from Denver.
• Stroll the Pearl Street Mall in the independent nation of Boulder.
• Enjoy mountain views and animals grazing alongside Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park — two reasons it’s Colorado’s most visited destination.
• Go gold panning and tour a gold mine in Idaho Springs.
• Drive almost to the top at Fourteener, Mount Evans, just 35 minutes from Denver.
• Ride a train to the top of Pikes Peak, then visit Cave of the Winds in Manitou Springs.
• Head up to Summit County for high-altitude playtime.
• See why Vail is one of the country’s premier mountain resorts.
• Drive the Lariat Loop National Scenic and Historic Byway, with spectacular views and mountain towns. (You’ll never be more than an hour from downtown Denver.)